You can download it from Microsoft Connect here https://connect.microsoft.com/pocjumpstart, just scroll down to the bottom and look for PoC – Jumpstart 10 Day – Hydration Kit. And be aware that license terms of the different software is still in effect..
Here is a download for deploying a few different servers in a datacenter, all fully automated. The servers are two domain controllers, one deployment server with WDS, and one ConfigMgr 2007 SP2 R2 server...
Big thanks to Ben Hunter and Michael Niehaus (Both Microsoft) who started the Hydration Era more five years ago by creating hydration structures and scripts... Microsoft DDPS partners knows this, rest of the world - probably not (until now :) )...
Screenshot of the server roles and configuration
The Task Sequence for the CM01 - ConfigMgr 2007 SP2 Server
View the Video that shows the setup
Play (Stream) or Download (MP4)
Download the Hydration solution (72 kb)
Hydration installation instructions
Step 1 - Download the necessary software
On your Hyper-V host, create the C:\Downloads folder and download the following software:
ConfigMgr 2007 R2
ConfigMgr 2007 with SP2
ConfigMgr 2007 Toolkit V2
PowerShell Management Library for Hyper-V
SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise x64
SQL Server 2008 R2 Express x64 with Management Tools
Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise
Step 2 - Prepare the Hydration environment
- Configure Execution Policy in PowerShell, by typing the following in a PowerShell prompt:
- Extract the HydrationMDT2010.zip file to C:\HydrationMDT2010
- Edit the C:\HydrationMDT2010\HydrationSource\Applications\ConfigMgr 2007 SP2\ConfigMgrUnattend.ini and add the real PID (AAAAA-BBBBB-CCCCC-DDDDD-EEEEE is the place holder), To find out what PID you have, start the ConfigMgr 2007 Setup on a Server, and a few steps into the setup wizard the PID will be displayed. Please note that the setup needs to be executed on a domain member server, otherwise you will only be able to install the ConfigMgr console, and the PID will not be displayed.
- Create the Hydration Deployment Share by running the 1_CreateHydrationDeployment.ps1 script
- Copy the following folders C:\HydrationMDT2010\HydrationSource to C:\Hydration, replace any existing files.
- Copy the ConfigMgr 2007 Toolkit V2 installation files (ConfigMgrTools.msi) to the C:\Hydration\Applications\ConfigMgr 2007 Toolkit V2\Source folder.
- Copy the ConfigMgr 2007 SP2 installation files to the C:\Hydration\Applications\ConfigMgr 2007 SP2\Source folder.
- Create the C:\Tmp\PreReqs folder, and run the C:\Hydration\Applications\ConfigMgr 2007 SP2\Source\SMSSETUP\BIN\I386\Setup.exe file with the /Download C:\Tmp\PreReqs command line option.
- Move the content of the C:\Tmp folder to the C:\Hydration\Applications\ConfigMgr 2007 SP2\Source\PreReqs folder
- Copy the ConfigMgr 2007 R2 installation files to the C:\Hydration\Applications\ConfigMgr 2007 R2\Source folder
- Copy the C:\Hydration\Applications\ConfigMgr 2007 SP2\Source\SMSSETUP\BIN\I386\EXTADSCH.exe to C:\Hydration\Applications\Extend ConfigMgr 2007 Schema\Source
- Copy the SQL Server 2008 R2 installation files to the C:\Hydration\Applications\SQL Server 2008 R2\Source folder
- Copy the SQL Server 2008 R2 Express installation (en_sql_server_2008_r2_express_with_management_tools_x64.exe) files to the C:\Hydration\Applications\SQL Server 2008 R2 Express\Source folder.
- Copy the Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise files to C:\Hydration\Operating Systems\Windows Server 2008 R2 x64
- Create the HydrationServers media item by running the 2_CreateHydrationMediaItem.ps1 script
- Copy the C:\HydrationMDT2010\Media001\Control folder to C:\HydrationServers\Content\Deploy, replace existing files
- Update the HydrationServers media item by running the 3_UpdateHydrationServersMedia.ps1 script
Step 3 – Create and deploy the virtual machines
- Install the PowerShell Management Library for Hyper-V by running the install.cmd script, ignore any errors about .NET Framework
- Verify that the files are not having any alternative data streams, if they do, remove it (using explorer or streams from Sysinternals).
- Create the virtual machines by running the 4_CreateVirtualMachines.ps1 script.
- Using Hyper-V Manager
- Start the DC01 virtual machine, and wait until the setup is complete
- Start the DC02 virtual machine, and wait until the setup is complete
- On DC01, verify that AD replication works with DC02.
- Start the MDT01 virtual machine, and wait until the setup is complete
- Start the CM01 virtual machine, and wait until the setup is complete
Done... Good luck with your hydrations...