Microsoft System Center is a set of server products aimed specifically at helping corporate IT administrators manage a network of Windows Server and client desktop systems.
1. System Center Advisor – Software as a service offering that helps change or assess the configuration of Microsoft Servers software over the Internet
2. System Center App Controller - Unified management for public and private clouds, including cloud-based virtual machines and services
3. System Center Configuration Manager – Configuration management, hardware/software asset management, patch deployment tools for Windows desktops (previously Systems Management Server)
4. System Center Data Protection Manager – Continuous data protection and data recovery
System Center Endpoint Protection - Anti-malware and security solutions for Microsoft products
5. System Center Essentials – Combined features of Operations Manager and Windows Software Update Service (WSUS), aimed at small and medium sized businesses
System Center Mobile Device Manager – Mobile device management (PDAs, smartphones, etc.)
6. System Center Opalis - Opalis is an automation platform for orchestrating and integrating IT tools to decrease the cost of datacenter operations while improving the reliability of IT processes. It enables IT organizations to automate best practices, such as those found in Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL). Opalis operates through workflow processes that coordinate System Center and other management tools to automate incident response, change and compliance, and service-lifecycle management processes.
7. System Center Orchestrator - (formerly Opalis) for orchestration and automation solutions
8. System Center Operations Manager – Services and application monitoring
9. System Center Reporting Manager
10. System Center Service Manager – Ties in with SCOM, SCCM for asset tracking as well as incident, problem, change and configuration management (code name: Service Desk)
11. System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2 – Virtual machine management and datacenter virtualization