1) Install WINDOWS 2008 R2 on the host machine
2) Add Hyper V role
3) Create a new VM to act as the base IMAGE
4) Mount an ISO version of windows 2008 or R2
5) Install the OS
6) Run Sysprep (/generalize switch enabled), Shutdown
7) Inside Hyper V manager, Export to a alternate location
8) After Export is done, copy the entire folder to your permanent location
9) Inside Hyper V manager, import the VM you copied.
10) Rename to a friendly name.
11) Fire the new VM up, run through the sysprep process and poof!
12) Make sure you chose "Copy the virtual machine (create a new unique ID)' option, this is not the default.